-->

2016-06-05

Oanh was in my computer

Oanh was in my computer class last semester,
but she didn’t look like a student at all.
She often wore t-shirts to school that had words on them such as “Love me” and “Kiss me,”

and she used a lot of cosmetics.
She colored her fingernails with violet fingernail polish.
When she walked in the classroom, every student could smell her perfume.
Her hair stuck out and was dyed with different colors every week.
I thought I didn’t have anything in common with her, but I was wrong.
I found out she was Vietnamese one night in the computer lab.
First, we talked about class and homework, and I watched her try to debug a program.
Then I began to talk to her about more personal subjects.
The more I talked to her, the more I admired her. Oanh’s mother had abandoned the family,

and Oanh’s father had become sad and useless. Oanh took care of her whole family.
Although her appearance was like a Vietnamese punk rocker,
Oanh was a strong and responsible person.
I have learned not to judge others from their appearance.
I hope that in the future I can convince Oanh to give up her rock and roll hairstyle.



【1】46. What is the relationship between Oanh and the writer?
They are classmates. They are neighbors. They are roommates. They are relatives.
【2】47. What kind of T-shirts did Oanh often wear?
Black ones with big words. Ones with words “Love me” and “ Kiss me”.
Ones with very bright colors. Ones with sexy designs.
【4】48.Which of the following description about Oanh is NOT correct?
She used a lot of cosmetics. She had her hair dyed.
She was from Vietnam. She didn’t like computer class.
【4】49. Who had to support Oanh’s family?
Oanh’s mother. Oanh’s father. Oanh’s eldest brother. Oanh.
【3】50. How did the write feel about Oanh’s appearance?
The writer admires it a lot.
The writer doesn’t really like it.
The writer thinks it is none of his/her business.
The writer believes that she will change it.


semester   半學年;一學期
cosmetics   化妝品,美容品
fingernail  手指甲
violet  紫蘿蘭的;紫蘿蘭色的
polish  磨光,擦亮
perfume  使充滿香氣
stuck out ,  stick out  突出, 伸出
dyed , dye  染料,染色[
in common with  與...一樣
found out,  find out  找出; 發現; 查
admire  欽佩;欣賞 adore
abandoned , abandon  丟棄;拋棄,遺棄
appearance  出現;顯露
judge  審判;判決
convince  使確信,使信服;說服
rock and roll  搖滾樂(舞)
punk rock  龐克搖滾樂(聲響極大,節奏極快的惡劣搖滾樂)

沒有留言: